Little Black Box is a small growing Jacksonville based jam, jelly, preserves and baked goods company. Our products are handcrafted, small-batch and artisanal. We use local produce when possible to make our jam at our kitchen facility on the Southside of Jacksonville.
We are looking to add someone who is friendly, enthusiastic, talented, reliable, passionate and knowledgeable about local seasonal food to assist us in our kitchen as well as work occasionally at markets and/or various promotional events.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Learn about cooking, sales, start-ups and the local food business
- Learn to prepare, process and label jam
- Have fun being in the kitchen and play an important role in the growth of a local food company
- Prepping fruit and ingredients
- Helping cook jam, and fill the jars
- Labeling and organizing prepared jars
- Preparing online and wholesale orders for shipment/ delivery
- Maintaining food safety standards and cleanliness of the kitchen
Our ideal candidate would have
- Previous kitchen experience (although we will train the right person)
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A friendly disposition and be personable
- Attention to detail and be clean in the kitchen, positive and creative
This position is part time, 10-20 hours per week with room to grow and additional responsibilities and opportunities over time. We offer a flexible schedule, wages are commensurate with experience and performance.
Fantastic! Please send us your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us as well as why you think you’re a fit for this position. Email Crystal at email@example.com with subject line: Assistant Preserve Maker
We can’t wait to hear from you!